ABOUT OPEN STUDIO
Wonder'neath Open Studio is a free drop-in program that happens on Fridays and Saturdays in a working artist studio.
Open Studio hours are: 2-4:30 pm and 5-7 pm.
In our shared space, you will find tools and support for:
- wet and needle felting
- hand sewing, embroidery
- a sewing machine and lots of fabric
- acrylic, watercolour, and mixed media painting
- a range of wet and dry drawing supplies (ink, oil and chalk pastels, charcoal, conté, pencil crayons, markers, calligraphy pens, etc)
- printmaking techniques including: screen printing, linocut printing, relief printing
- a range of sculpting and building materials
- hand tools (including several saws, clamps, drills, sanding blocks, hammers, screwdrivers, etc)
- a large selection of paper for wet and dry mediums
- collage materials
- our beloved typewriter (when we can find ribbons!)
- light bright
- a library of art books
- healthy snacks
We supply a wealth of interesting and odd materials in our storage bins, free to combine in any way you wish. There are lots of connecting materials including adhesives of all sorts, wire, string, elastics, zap straps, etc.
There is a weekly featured project to get your creativity flowing, but it's just one of many options. We welcome self-directed inquiries and projects of all sorts – provided the materials you are bringing are appropriate for a shared studio space. Please no toxic or hazardous materials.
Volunteers and 2 artist facilitators are on hand to assist at every session. We'll share our knowledge, experience and ideas, help you problem solve, find space to work, and feel at ease. No experience necessary! Feel free to share with us your knowledge and passion as well! We are an all-ages space, but caregivers are asked to stay close to their young participants to support them in their art explorations. We try to maintain a balance between children, youth, and adults.
Complimentary healthy snacks are provided at each session in our comfy area within the Open Studio space. We always appreciate it when folks bring healthy snacks to share with our community.
We are a scent free zone and do not allow toxic materials on site.
The Open Studio program is made possible by the generous support of the 4Cs Foundation. We also welcome your donations.
If you have any questions or feedback regarding Open Studio, please contact us here.